PGC IS IN TROUBLE AGAIN
By Blaine Toy
Unified Sportsmen of PA (USP) is a PA Statewide sportsmen’s club that promotes the rights of our members to conservation, hunting, fishing, trapping, shooting, and support of our constitutional rights.
We have volunteers that donate their own time to go to Harrisburg and work with the legislators, PGC Commissioners, and PFBC Commissioners in the interest of sportsmen/sportswomen’s rights. Sometimes we have a different opinion than what is coming out of Harrisburg, this paints us as the black sheep because we just don’t roll over and play dead and go along with them, we want nothing more than to work with them in the interest of our member’s rights.
The PGC has the opinion it is above the law and can do whatever they want, instead of listening to their customers (The license buyers). A few examples of their disregard/disrespect of their customers, the hunters:
- Changed the rifle deer season from a Monday to a Saturday.
- Changed the original two weeks of buck and three days of doe over to a two-week concurrent season. We agree there are areas of deer overpopulation, but in most of PA, the deer were in check, and in some areas deer are scarce, or even none exist at all. They why the two-week concurrent over the complete state?
- Deer antler restrictions.
- Reintroduced predators back into the wilds.
- Privacy is being invaded by PGC as they Spy on and perform warrantless searches, a couple of internet links are below:
We have many surveys from our members and other sources supporting the information listed.